Spiritualism is slowly becoming a part of our lives. Taken from the Orient, these teachings offer a lot in the ways of maintaining a healthy soul and life.
There are hundreds of ways, courses that teach you all about these things, but usually for a simple minded person these are over-complicated. One thing they have in common, though, is meditation.
Now it is said that meditation helps you a lot in many ways. And this is true, but when you search for how to meditate, you get a lot and often confusing results.
I want to show you how very simple meditation can actually be. The idea of meditation is to calm your mind and look inside yourself. Now, it is tougher than it sounds, if you want to force yourself. Actually, this is pretty easy. I can compare it to that moment when you lay down in your comfortable chair after a long day, fully exhausted, open a beer and you are not thinking of anything, just enjoying the moment in silence and sipping your beer.
It is pretty easy to achieve such a state. I will try to show the process in points:
- Find a spot where you can lie down on your back (or on your belly, does not matter) and can feel really comfortable
- Make your environment silent, or put on some music that does not distract your mind
- Close your eyes (it is much easier to concentrate with eyes closed)
- Focus on something, like your heartbeat, or on how comfortable you stay, or the music
- Focusing will narrow down your thought process into a narrow corridor, where you can concentrate on what you want
- Actually, this already helps, because it calms you down, makes your brain work less
- When you can steer your thought process, close out everything in your physical environment, ignore all the external impulses
- Imagine yourself in a beautiful place, but a simple empty room does the trick
- Imagine yourself there and another person, or entity that has no face, it is just a being. This being is you, but without time and physical form.
- Ask questions from this being you want to know, like why does my back hurt, or stuff you want to know, but do not try to answer them yourself
- If the being does not answer, probably it does not know the answer or it is not possible to tell you the answer. Otherwise you can find out pretty interesting stuff
- When you are done, first focus on feeling your body, before opening your eyes.
- It is not easy to concentrate on one thing and you also need a lot of imagination, so it might be hard at first to reach the end steps, so just use the technique to relax
- First, you will fall asleep a lot, so you can use this as a way to fall asleep easier
- You can create whole worlds in your mind, forests, beaches, mountains, but do not stray far, because you want to make your brain work as minimum as possible
- After a time it will be easier and easier to concentrate, so you can do this in a noisy environment. Until then, try to minimize the external impulses that force your brain to pay attention to them
I will tell you how I do it: After I lay on my back comfortably and I calmed my mind, I imagine getting out of my body and flying faster and faster from by body to the edge of the universe. When I reach the edge of the universe, I get into a white room that has nothing in it (I call it the Big Milk). From there I can open a portal to anywhere I want. Usually I get to a beach where I can feel and enjoy the warm sand on my bear feet, the wind on my face and the sound of water crashing in waves. There, I have a small tent where my soul guide awaits me. I usually fly a bit from a mountaintop near the beach with a glider first, then I get into the warm water and wash away all the poison (physical and spiritual) from my body. After that I sit in a chair at the table with my soul guide and we have a nice chat about stuff and drink some refreshing, cold drinks. After I am done with talking, I thank my soul guide for being there and helping, and then come back the way I went there. When I am back in my body, I go over my body to feel every part of it, then I open my eyes.
I am not good at this at all, but even so, this process helps a lot to relax, to let go of my problems and to calm down my mind.